Protecting your privacy is important to us. We hope the following statement will help you understand how CYFS collects, uses, and safeguards the personal information provided to us on our site. If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact Center for Youth and Family Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org (need new).
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect various types of information depending upon how you use our site.
- Users of our Website can visit certain portions of the Website without revealing any personally identifiable information. However, to access certain portions of the Website, you may be required to become a registered user. To become a registered user, we may collect personally identifiable information about you (including, but not necessarily limited to, your name, address, telephone number, and email address). We may also collect personally identifiable information from you through surveys conducted on our website. These surveys may be conducted to understand the needs of the community we serve so that we can improve our site, and in order to provide us with the hard data we need when we seek to raise money to fund our site. We won’t share this information, except as described under “Sharing Your Information” below.
- When you submit a question to CYFS, we need your email address to respond, and you also may provide us with various additional information to help us answer your question.
- We also may receive some information about you from other sources and may add it to your account information (seems vague).
How Do We Use the Information We Collect ?
We use the information we collect for various purposes including:
- as a means to contact you to obtain additional information
- to improve the website
- to provide you with information that you have requested, or which we believe will be of interest to you
- to perform research and analysis about the use of, or interest in, our services or content
- to communicate with you by e-mail about services that may be of interest you
Do We Share Your Information with Others?
The information we gather may be shared with a third party that performs certain services on our behalf, including supporting our website functionality and supporting surveys or other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
Additionally, cyfsnj.org may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or to protect our interests or property. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents, or government agencies in connection with issues related to fraud or other wrongdoing.
How do we protect your personal information?
When you provide personally identifiable information to us, we maintain and store that information in an electronic database. We make every reasonable effort to protect the information we collect through our Website. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure from illegal tampering or hacking. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure e-mail.
What Are Cookies and Do We Use Them?
What Other Information Do We Collect?
We collect non-personal information about how users navigate through our Website. We aggregate this statistical information in order to improve our site, and we may share this information with our affiliates. This aggregated information does not include individual names or personal data, so it does not identify you.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 on our Website. We will not knowingly collect personal information from teens 13 through 15 without disclosing how the information will be used and notifying the teens that they should obtain their parents’ permission prior to submitting any personal information
Cyfsnj.org is committed to doing its best to maintain the security of information collected on our site. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place the appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When you submit sensitive information at cyfsnj.org, your information is protected both online and off-line. We use Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) to encrypt your personal and credit card information during the order checkout process, before it travels over the Internet. SSL technology is the industry standard for secure online transactions. While on a secure page, such as our Donate page, the lock icon on the bottom of your Web browser becomes locked. Collected information is stored in our secured database.
Still don’t want to use your credit card on the Internet?
No problem. Just call (973) 623-5080 and we will gladly take your information over the phone.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us at email@example.com (need new) with subject line “FW: Privacy”.